To continue my DIY series for baby and you…
This is my personal DIY All Purpose Baby wipes recipe.
- 16oz of Distilled water
- 1 tablespoons of Dr. Bronners pure liquid Castile soap or Soapnut liquid.
- 2 tablespoons of Organic cold pressed virgin Coconut oil (melted)
- 3 drops Organic Lavender oil (caution using other oils or excess amount)
All scents are optional! I personally enjoy the scents. In public I leave the jar open for a bit after a diaper change to clear the air, if you know what I mean.
Other things you’ll need.
- Roll of thick paper towel (I like the texturized ones for wipes- I believe I lasted used viva brand)
- Container (I use old containers of coconut oil)
This 16 oz recipe makes enough to soak the whole roll of paper towel. Which is technical two batches.
How to make:
- Mix all you ingredients together in a separate container. I use an old 16oz juice bottle so I can store whatever I don’t use for later. Cut your paper towel in half with a knife down the center.
- Once you have two halves. Remove the inner cardboard.
- Stuff your roll of paper towel into your container of choice, then pour 8oz of you liquid. (Each half is one batch of wipes. I happen to have two old coconut oil containers so I make both batches at once. If you choose to make one batch this time around store the other half in a ziplock and use only 8oz of your liquid combination and store the rest.)
- Let it soak for a few minutes, you can add more distilled water if they still seem dry after it absorbs the liquid.